2017 FISHING REGULATIONS
- It is mandatory have active your current fishing licenses
- Live bait is forbidden in River Ebro and in most of the rivers in Spain
- Fishing nets are forbidden
- Keeping live fish in nets is not allowed
- Fishing is allowed from sunrise until 00:00h
- Members of Catalonia Fishing clubs can fish all night
- Carp are catch and release
- Catfish, Zander, and Perch are voluntary catch and release
- A Maximum of 2 rods per fisherman
River Description and what you can expect to catch.
As live bait can no longer legally be used on the river the main baits used for the cat’s are Halibut pellets, boillies and meat baits, including luncheon meat and chicken. For the Carp we find sweet corn, boilies, pellet and luncheon meat can all fish well. The fish for some reason seem to like yellow bait.
Each set of rods; 2 x cat or 2 x Carp or 1 cat and 1 carp (Cat reels are loaded with braid and carp with braid or mono) also come with pods, mats, gloves, scales, slings. We do not supply terminal tackle as part of the hire package but we do keep a selection of rigs, end tackle (including weights), bait (pellets, sweet corn, ground bait, etc.) for sale If you bring you own make sure the hook links are big and strong and that hooks are ultra-strong. If you want us to supply bait please let us have your requirement a weeks before leaving.
Time to fish
Unpredictable weather wise, Carp fishing can be excellent and Catfish regularly caught. It’s often rather cool with more cloudy days but the temperatures are generally still in the late teens lower 20’s
A beautiful month, the sun is out, blossom is on the trees and the carp and catfish are active The weather is generally pleasantly warm with sunny days being the norm, we open the pool and the carp, catfish and the anglers are very happy!