“Life is in ourselves and not on the outside.”
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment, through a gentle, nurturing lens. … when we practice mindfulness, our thoughts tune into what we’re sensing in the present moment rather than rehashing the past or imagining the future.”
"What matters is not what you look at, it's what you see." Henry David Thoreau
‘A’ Level coaching, exam support
Angeles Martinez-bodi MSc, BSc.
Angeles has 30 years’ experience teaching A level students in the UK both Psychology and Sociology. Since moving back to Spain, she has studied mindfulness at the Universidad de Juan Carlos, Madrid gaining a Master’s degree and now uses her qualifications and extensive teaching experience to provide practical help to her clients.
She also has a degree in Sociology, for a greater knowledge of group behaviour, a master’s degree in education and teaching.
“From the wonderful relaxing surroundings of El Figueral we offer Mindfulness weekend courses, practices learnt will help to increase your ability to regulate emotions, decrease stress, anxiety and depression and focus your attention. Learn to observe your thoughts and feelings without judgment and apply these skills in your everyday life”.
Who do you think you are?
“Your way of thinking affects your life very deeply. So think positive and be positive.”
Anurag Prakash Ray
Mindfulness arises from the desire of psychologists and psychiatrists to find tools to relieve stress and alleviate the suffering of patients with chronic pain and suffering.
These professionals researched the practices of meditation and yoga from Eastern disciplines, trying to understand the relationship between mind and body, ‘Integrative medicine’ with the intention of changing the behaviour of patients by understanding the causes of their problems in an integrative way.
Psychologists and professionals in this field developed mindfulness to be used by patients teaching them to direct attention to a point, to control and regulate what they were feeling.
Mindfulness has a variety of applications for all kinds of situations and people. The Mindfulness-based techniques in this retreat will teach you the way to increase mental qualities that will help you to know when we are attentive and when we are not, you will learn to value love, with a greater capacity for tenderness, kindness, compassion, and empathy. We will initiate you to the development of resilience, which is the ability to adapt to adverse situations. It is that resilience that we learn to use in the face of adversity, through a positive assessment of difficult, stressful, painful situations.
- It helps you to be more aware of the importance of paying attention
- Focus on the potential value of the, here and now
- It facilitates the recognition of negative habits and encourages positive habits
- It promotes sensations, thoughts, emotions, and ideas as phenomena of the mind subject to mutations, and changes
- It teaches assertiveness and encourage empathy
- Increase concentration and lucidity and Facilitating teamwork
- It helps to reduce stress and anxiety feelings
- The best way to experience these benefits is through daily meditation practice focused on the here and now and by attending mindfulness retreats on a regular basis.
- By spending some time in conditions conducive to meditation (in nature, with other people, less distraction and responsibility), a retreat allows you to deepen your feelings, emotions and experience more deeply the benefits of mindfulness with a better capacity for concentration.
- This retreat will take place in El Figueral, an estate located in Benifallet, Tarragona in the beautiful Ebro Valley surrounded by nature, with wonderful views of the river and surrounded by mountains that splash with life and tranquillity.
- Practice will start with guidance, and over the weekend we will give progressively fewer instructions.